9 Reasons FitBit Users Are Secretly In Love With Their Treadmill Desks
1. You don’t have to feel guilty about hanging around and watching TV.
The treadmill desk is your secret weapon for turning lazy days into milestone days! Instead of sitting on the couch and watching TV, you can lazily walk at your treadmill desk and get some serious steps in. If you decided to walk at 2mph and watch Saving Private Ryan, you'd have 10,000 steps by the ending credits!
2. No more need to rough it through harsh weather just to get your steps in.Let's face it, sometimes the elements just work against us. Taking a walk in 105 degree heat or during a blizzard isn't exactly ideal, but the steps won't take themselves will they? A Treadmill Desk allows you to get all your daily steps (and then some) during extreme conditions.
3. You’ll actually be happy checking how many calories you burned in a day.Because you can walk at a comfortable and steady pace all day while getting work done or entertaining yourself, the steps will fly by! The result? More calories burned, and more room for that special treat you've been craving.
4. No one has to watch you pace around the home or office.
You think people don't notice, but they do. Unless you're Steve Jobs creating the next tech breakthrough, there's no need to pace around. All of your milestones can be accomplished at your treadmill desk.
5. You don’t have to go to the gym just to increase your step count!
Why pay a monthly membership and drive all the way to the gym when you can get your steps in while surfing the web, watching TV, or getting work done? You can dance and walk in the privacy of your home!
6. You're Guaranteed to DOMINATE your Workweek Hustle.
That is, unless someone else in your challenge group has a treadmill desk! The fact is, if you're walking at a slow but steady pace during work or at home, you'll have way more time to walk throughout the day. According to FitBit, 10,000 steps is about 5 miles. The average treadmill desk user can work comfortably while walking 2mph. That means you can reach you're 10k step goal before lunch every day!
7. You’ll sleep like a baby.The more steps you take, the more rest you'll get. A Northwestern University study tracked sleep and exercise patterns in women and after four months, adding 30 minutes of exercise three times a week, bumped up insomniacs' sleep by about 45 minutes each night. While this may seem small, this is more than the typical sleep medication can do, and you're probably not an insomniac!
8. You can relax after work or during lunch instead of trying to get steps in.
When you come home and haven't even put a dent in your step goals for the day, it's pretty discouraging. It can almost feel like you have two jobs. Imagine enjoying a nice lunch and coming home to relax because all your exercise was completed during work hours!
9. Binging on Netflix never felt so good.
Yes, having a treadmill desk leaves may leave you vulnerable to hours of Netflix binging. Burning through an entire season of Orange is the New Black on your laptop now means burning through heaps of calories and smashing daily step goals!
But Let's Get Real for a Second...
Aside from being a perfect companion for anyone with a FitBit obsession, the Treadmill Desk has been making waves in the work and home office world for years.
This is largely due to new research revealing the strong role of chronic sitting and sedentary lifestyle in disease risk.
Dr. James Levine, director of the Mayo Clinic-Arizona State University Obesity Solutions Initiative, has been studying the effects of our increasingly sedentary lifestyles for years and has summed up his findings in two sentences.
“Sitting is more dangerous than smoking, kills more people than HIV and is more treacherous than parachuting. We are sitting ourselves to death."
Researchers like Dr. Levine have found and continue to find evidence that prolonged sitting increases the risk of developing several serious illnesses like various types of cancer, heart disease and type 2 diabetes.
The real danger is that the effects of prolonged sitting cannot be reversed by exercising afterwards.
Since Americans sit for more than 11 hrs/day on average, the best solution to combat chronic sitting is to simply increase movement throughout the day, whether it's during work hours or while indulging in entertainment at home.
Now for Some Good News:
Research featured in Forbes and in the medical journal Obesity have documented that Treadmill Desks boost productivity including mental performance and time management after an initial adjustment period.
Also, sources at Stanford University and Mayo Clinic have shown using treadmill desks improve mood, reduce stress, and increase creativity.
Walking at an easy pace is also a fantastic way to burn calories while getting work done or indulging in some entertainment.
[Source: LifeSpan Fitness]
While a couple hundred calories an hour may not seem like much, these easy walks, when done consistently, can produce great results. Not to mention, you'd likely be sitting during this time anyway!
Choosing the Best Treadmill Desk
Currently, LifeSpan Fitness is the top name in Treadmill Desks. It's been recommended by ConsumerReports Magazine, Multi-Millionaire Entrepreneur Tai Lopez, and top Wellness Bloggers like Mama Natural.
With the more affordable and DIY-friendly Under Desk Treadmill, or the newly reduced costs on the acclaimed Treadmill Desks, it's never been easier to incorporate a treadmill desk into your current lifestyle!
PRO-TIP: If you shop with us at Standing Desk Supply, we offer free shipping, no tax, a "Sip & Stand" Mug, and a White Glove delivery service that will set up your desk right where you want it.
We'll also match or beat any competitors price!
Not to mention award-winning customer service that can walk you through picking the perfect treadmill desk for your needs.
You deserve a desk that promotes health and becoming your best self.
Check out what treadmill desk is right for your lifestyle and see what verified treadmill desk users have had to say about their experience: